MedA/Rx / RMP Information Technology
Job Title: User Support
Reports to: VP of Information Technology / Director of Technology Infrastructure
Position Type: Part-time 15-20 hours per week
The User Support and Services Group (commonly referred to as IT Support or Tech Support) provides technology assistance to internal customers (the company’s employees). They set up hardware and software, troubleshoot technical issues and perform root cause analysis to reduce instances of technical problems. The Tech Support Group will assist with hardware and software procurement and asset management (licenses, warranties, etc.).
Essential functions of this position:
- Manage and staff company health desk center; log and document calls
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
Other duties that may apply:
This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with both staff and management. Must be available for on-call support. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 1 year work experience in related field required,
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows
- Extensive application support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. Must be able to sit, stand, bend to ground level.